I play the euphonium (pictured at right) primarily with the Los Angeles Pierce Symphonic Winds, but I have also played with other groups including the San Fernando Valley Orchesta, 99 Tubas, and other small ensembles.
As principal euphonium, I am responsible for playing the solos written for the Euphonium. I have performed the following works from the standard concert band repertoire
- Festive Overture - Shostakovich
- First Suite in Eb for Military Band - Holst
- Lincolnshire Posy - Grainger
- Overture, Le Carnaval Romain. (The Roman Carnival) - Berlioz
- Pineapple Poll: Suite from the Ballet - Sullivan
- The Planets - Holst
- The Planets (Orchestra) - Holst
- Second Suite in F for Military Band - Holst
- When Jesus Wept - Schumann
I played the first part (bottom-right of the picture) as a member of the 99 Tubas. The ensemble performed two pieces for Tommy Johnson's Tribute Concert: Fanfare for a Big Man, and Finale from Tchickofsky's 4th Symphony. Jim Self composed the first piece and arranged the second for 6-part Tuba ensemble.